In addition to these great features, this bumper kit comes with a bolt-in intermediate mounting crossmember that ties into the Delica frame further up the vehicle using four large 1/2″ bolts. This crossmember spreads forces evenly through the Delica’s relatively thin unibody frame structure, which substantially stiffens the bumper and its mounting interface. This makes for an extremely durable bumper that will easily shrug off trail impacts and scrapes as well as provide a stiff and secure structure to mount the optional swing out arms.
After many design iterations, we settled on a bumper that keeps the top 6″ of the stock plastic bumper corners in place. The result is reduced weight and a lower bumper profile. By doing this, we feel that we have achieved a very tidy bumper profile that will complement the lines of your Delica. The low profile design has also resulted in very reasonable weights of 74lbs for the steel bumper and 37lbs for the aluminum version.
The swing out tire carrier comes in either a single or dual sided configuration and is built to accept a tire up to 35″ in diameter. Both carriers include mounting brackets for a hilift jack and other recovery items. The dual swing out includes the hilift mount as well as a lockable jerry can holder designed to fit two 20L NATO style jerry cans. These carriers feature heavy duty double heim joint hinges, 2000lb toggle latches, T-handle spring pins, and a replaceable UHMW catch pad that provides secure, rattle free operation. The heim joints in conjunction with the toggle latch provide tons of adjustability, allowing for easy assembly and guaranteed alignment of the carrier latch. The single swing out add-on weighs 34lbs and the dual swing out add-on with gas can holder weighs 77lbs.
•DIY Weld-together kit – This bumper arrives as precision CNC-laser cut pieces that you then weld together (detailed assembly instructions included)
• Slim profile is engineered to provide maximum ground clearance and complement the factory body lines – trimming of factory plastic bumper required
• Heavy duty 3/16″ plate steel construction for maximum offroad strength and durability
• Bolt-in intermediate mounting crossmember included – this distributes forces evenly into the Delica’s relatively thin unibody structure
• Optional 1/4″ 5052 aluminum construction for a lightweight yet very durable overlanding setup (37lb weight savings)
• Recessed 2″ hitch receiver for a clean look and further clearance gains
• Mounts to the unibody frame using 10 mounting points and heavy duty mounting plates
• Reinforced 9/16″ thick clevis mounts allow the use of 3/4″ D-Rings
• All kits ship as clean, bare metal that is ready to weld out of the box – the Nitrogen laser cutting technology means no cutting edge oxidation and thus easier and stronger welds
• Optional Single and Dual Swing out Carriers with hilift jack mount and locking dual NATO can holder (Please note that the standard single swing out does not come with the can holder shown, but can be added via special request, just send us an email! The dual swing out option does include the dual NATO holder)
Note : optional lights will be provided with tabs to mount the lights either on the swing outs or on top of the bumper.