This bumper mounts entirely to the frame of your Xterra and the backside of this bumper is heavily reinforced with steel square tubing and CNC cut 3/16″ steel ribs. The result: a jack can be placed under either of the side wings of this bumper to lift the whole corner of the vehicle off of the ground without the bumper touching the body! In addition to all of this, this bumper requires absolutely no drilling or trimming or your frame or body. The installation is fully reversible. The evap system located behind the driver’s side wheel well is also completely protected with this bumper and does need to be relocated!
As far as ground clearance goes, don’t let the tall side wings fool you. This bumper has been designed to provide the absolute maximum departure angle and ground clearance without cutting into the body or frame. The rear profile of the bumper slopes inwards towards the vehicle and hugs the rear of the frame as tight as possible. This sloped profile combined with the recessed hitch receiver result in a rear end that easily slides over trail obstacles rather than hanging up on them and impeding your forward progress up the trail! Simply put, this bumper allows you to forget about departure angles and substantially improves the offroad capability of your Xterra!
The swing out tire carrier comes in either a single or dual sided configuration and is built to accept a tire up to 35″ in diameter. Both carriers include mounting brackets for a hilift jack and other recovery items. The dual swing out includes the hilift mount as well as a lockable jerry can holder designed to fit two 20L NATO style jerry cans. These carriers feature heavy duty double heim joint hinges, 2000lb toggle latches, T-handle spring pins, and a replaceable UHMW catch pad that provides secure, rattle free operation. The heim joints in conjunction with the toggle latch provide tons of adjustability, allowing for easy assembly and guaranteed alignment of the carrier latch. The single swing out add-on weighs 34lbs and the dual swing out add-on with gas can holder weighs 77lbs.
• CNC-Laser cut Weld-together kit – detailed assembly instructions included
• Bumper profile is engineered to provide maximum ground clearance and complement the factory body lines
• Heavy duty 3/16″ plate steel construction for maximum offroad strength and durability
• Optional 1/4″ 5052 aluminum construction for a lightweight yet very durable overlanding setup (~80lb weight savings)
• Recessed 2″ hitch receiver for a clean look and further clearance gains
• Mounts directly to frame using 8 factory mounting points – no drilling required.
• Reinforced 9/16″ thick clevis mounts allow the use of 3/4″ D-Rings
• All kits ship as clean, bare metal that is ready to weld out of the box – the Nitrogen laser cutting technology means no cutting edge oxidation and thus easier and stronger welds
• Optional Swing out tire carrier with hilift jack mount and locking dual NATO can holder