•DIY Weld-together kit – This skid plate set arrives as precision CNC-laser cut pieces that you then weld together (detailed assembly instructions included)
• 1/8″ steel, 3/16″ steel, or 1/4″ aluminum construction
• All recessed hardware – there is not a single exposed bolt head on this skid plate set to fall prey to rocks and other trail obstacles.
• Front plate bolts directly to frame using 6 factory mounting points – no drilling required
• Rear plate bolts directly to frame using 6 mounting points- no drilling required
• Oil drain hole allows for oil changes without skid plate removal
Skid Plate Assembly
As for welding, with everything designed using CAD software and then CNC laser-cut to size, the pieces fit together perfectly and this makes for a very simple assembly process. All kits come with detailed instructions with plenty of clearly labelled diagrams that are made using cutting-edge CAD software. This bumper kit is well within the ability of a novice welder and many customers have purchased it as their very first welding project with great results! This is made possible by the clean parts fit-ups and thick material. These are two factors that make welding significantly easier. Welding is one of those skills that is easier to learn than you may think and once you can do it, you’ll wonder how you ever got by without it. Alternatively, many individuals buy the kits and then have a local welder assemble it for them. Even in this case, it typically ends up being less expensive than buying a pre-fabricated bumper – especially after considering the lower shipping costs of our kits vs. fully assembled bumpers.
Skid Plate Weight
3/16″ Steel set weight: 99lbs
1/8″ steel set weight: 67lbs
1/4″ aluminum set weight:48lbs
Forget the outrageous lead times of many skid plate options that are measured in months. All of our skid plate kits ship within 4-6 business days with 2-day shipping.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.