The sloping rear profile and recessed hitch receiver further increase clearance and provide a smooth surface to slide over obstacles. These features make a very noticeable difference during deep ditch crossing and steep obstacle climbs where other aftermarket bumpers with bulky rear profiles and protruding hitch receivers will hang up and impede progress on the trail. All of these factors add up to the highest clearance rear bumper on the market for the 2nd gen Tacoma. Simply put, this bumper allows you to forget about departure angle and substantially improves the offroad capability of your Tacoma!
It offers excellent protection from rocks, trees and inattentive motorists while careful design work and the low profile design have resulted in weights of 120lbs and 59lbs for the steel and aluminum versions respectively.
The swing out tire carrier comes in either a single or dual sided configuration and is built to accept a tire up to 35″ in diameter. Both carriers include mounting brackets for a hilift jack and other recovery items. The dual swing out includes the hilift mount as well as a lockable jerry can holder designed to fit two 20L NATO style jerry cans. These carriers feature heavy duty double heim joint hinges, 2000lb toggle latches, T-handle spring pins, and a replaceable UHMW catch pad that provides secure, rattle free operation. The heim joints in conjunction with the toggle latch provide tons of adjustability, allowing for easy assembly and guaranteed alignment of the carrier latch. The single swing out add-on weighs 34lbs and the dual swing out add-on with gas can holder weighs 77lbs.
•DIY Weld-together kit – This bumper arrives as precision CNC-laser cut pieces that you then weld together (detailed assembly instructions included)
• Slim profile is engineered to provide maximum departure angles and complement the factory body lines
• Wrap-around side wings maximize protection and ground clearance (Cutting of factory bedsides required)
• Heavy duty 3/16″ plate steel construction for maximum offroad strength and durability
• Optional 1/4″ 5052 aluminum construction for a lightweight yet very durable overlanding setup (61lb weight savings)
• Recessed 2″ hitch receiver for a clean look and further clearance gains
• Mounts directly to frame using 10 factory mounting points for unbeatable strength and no drilling required.
• Reinforced 9/16″ thick clevis mounts allow the use of 3/4″ D-Rings and pull directly off of the frame
• All kits ship as clean, bare metal that is ready to weld out of the box – the Nitrogen laser cutting technology means no cutting edge oxidation and thus easier and stronger welds
• Optional Swing out tire carrier with hilift jack mount and locking dual NATO can holder
Note : optional lights will be provided with tabs to mount the lights either on the swing outs or on top of the bumper.