Compared to a stock bumper with hitch receiver, this bumper significantly increases ground clearance and departure angle by moving the hitch receiver up into the bumper shell and then recessing it for a smooth surface that will easily slide over trail obstacles and steep ditch crossings. This substantially increases the offroad capability of your Xterra. It offers excellent protection from rocks, trees and animal strikes and has been kept to a weight of 65lbs through careful design work.
This bumper kit comes with integrated light buckets sized for surface mount LED pod lights. These buckets neatly house the lights behind the face of the bumper, protecting the lights and avoiding the unsightly plastic mounting flanges found on typical flush mount lights. In addition, the slotted mounting tabs allow you to adjust the angle of the lights up and down and side to side to optimize the spread of the light beam.
The swing out tire carrier is built to accept a spare tire up to 37″ in diameter. The carrier also includes mounting brackets for a license plate, the factory license plate lights, a hilift jack and other recovery items. The carrier features heavy duty chromoly heim joint hinges, locking 2000lb toggle latch, T-handle spring pin, and a replaceable UHMW catch pad that provides secure, rattle free operation. The heim joints in conjunction with the toggle latch provide tons of adjustability, allowing for easy assembly and guaranteed alignment of the carrier latch. The single swing out add-on weighs 34lbs to the total bumper weight.
•DIY Weld-together kit – This bumper arrives as precision CNC-laser cut pieces that you then weld together (detailed assembly instructions included)
• Slim profile is engineered to provide maximum ground clearance and complement the factory body lines
• Heavy duty 3/16″ plate steel construction for maximum offroad strength and durability
• Optional 1/4″ 5052 aluminum construction for a lightweight yet very durable overlanding setup (38lb weight savings)
•Integrated light buckets provide protected mounting locations for LED pod lights to give additional reverse lighting.
• Included 2″ hitch receiver is recessed for a clean look and further clearance gains (Not rated for towing due to DIY kit aspect)
• Mounts directly to frame using 8 factory mounting points – no drilling required.
• Reinforced 9/16″ thick clevis mounts allow the use of 3/4″ D-Rings
• All kits ship as clean, bare metal that is ready to weld out of the box – the Nitrogen laser cutting technology means no cutting edge oxidation and thus easier and stronger welds
• Optional Swing out tire carrier with license plate mount and hilift jack/recovery gear brackets