No cutting or modification of your Toyota is required to mount this bumper. Instead, it uses a total of 12 factory mounting points to solidly bolt this bumper to your frame. While 12 mounting points is certainly overkill, it ensures that winch and impact forces are evenly distributed into your Toyota’s frame.
•DIY Weld-together kit – This bumper arrives as precision CNC-laser cut pieces that you then weld together (detailed assembly instructions included)
• Low profile design is engineered to provide maximum ground clearance and complement the factory body lines – the entire bumper protrudes less than 3″ from the center of the grill!
• Heavy duty 3/16″ plate steel construction for maximum offroad strength and durability
• Optional 1/4″ 5052 aluminum for a lightweight yet very durable overlanding setup (55lb weight savings)
• Bolts directly to frame using a total of 12 factory mounting points – no drilling required
• Protected winch mount fits all 8000-10,000lb winches with removable solenoids (Also fits some 12,000lb models)
• Integrated 3/8″ thick clevis mounts maximize clearance and allow the use of ¾” D-Rings
• Four integrated LED pod mounts – slotted mounting tabs give adjustment to fit a variety of lights
• Integrated license plate mount
• Optional heavy duty grill and headlight tubing for added protection
As for welding, with everything designed using CAD software and then CNC laser-cut to size, the pieces fit together perfectly and this makes for a very simple assembly process. All kits come with detailed instructions with plenty of clearly labelled diagrams that are made using cutting-edge CAD software. This bumper kit is well within the ability of a novice welder and many customers have purchased it as their very first welding project with great results! This is made possible by the clean parts fit-ups and thick material. These are two factors that make welding significantly easier. Welding is one of those skills that is easier to learn than you may think and once you can do it, you’ll wonder how you ever got by without it. Alternatively, many individuals buy the kits and then have a local welder assemble it for them. Even in this case, it typically ends up being less expensive than buying a pre-fabricated bumper – especially after considering the lower shipping costs of our kits vs. fully assembled bumpers.
Steel base bumper weight: 108lbs
Aluminum base bumper weight: 53 lbs
Forget the outrageous lead times of many bumper options that are measured in months. All of our bumper kits ship within 3-10 business days with 2-day shipping
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.