High clearance is nothing if the bumper can’t also take a beating. 9/16″ thick recovery points (3/4″ for the aluminum version) weld through the front and rear surfaces of the bumper and then bolt directly to the frame using four mounting points per side for a total of 8 mounting points. The high clearance side wings are linked directly to the frame by stout 2×2″ square support tubes – the same tubing that we use for our rock slider support legs! This ensures that you can drag the side wings over the nastiest of obstacles without any worries of body damage.
We’ve also taken a unique approach to the way that these wrap-around side wings interface with the truck. With many high clearance wrap around bumpers, the factory bedsides must be cut all the way up to the height of the top of the replacement bumper. This means that the bedside cut line will be visible and that a mis-measured cut can result in an unsightly gap between the bumper and bed. With this bumper, we’ve decided to wrap the side wings around the side of the bed instead of below it, meaning that even the most hack-job cut will be completely hidden! This takes the stress out of performing an irreversible cut job and ensures you end up with a beautiful end product. Simply follow the provided instructions’ simple cutting guide and pictures.
The swing out tire carrier comes in either a single or dual sided configuration and is built to accept a tire up to 35″ in diameter. Both carriers include mounting brackets for a hilift jack and other recovery items. The dual swing out includes the hilift mount as well as a lockable jerry can holder designed to fit two 20L NATO style jerry cans. These carriers feature heavy duty double heim joint hinges, 2000lb toggle latches, T-handle spring pins, and a replaceable UHMW catch pad that provides secure, rattle free operation. The heim joints in conjunction with the toggle latch provide tons of adjustability, allowing for easy assembly and guaranteed alignment of the carrier latch. The single swing out add-on weighs 34lbs and the dual swing out add-on with gas can holder weighs 77lbs.
• CNC-Laser cut Weld-together kit – detailed assembly instructions included
• Slim profile is engineered to provide maximum ground clearance and complement the factory body lines
• Wrap-around side wings maximize protection and ground clearance (Partial trimming of factory bedsides required)
• Heavy duty 3/16″ plate steel construction for maximum offroad strength and durability
• Optional 1/4″ 5052 aluminum construction for a lightweight yet very durable overlanding setup (48lb weight savings)
• Recessed 2″ hitch receiver for a clean look and further clearance gains (not rated for on-road towing)
• Mounts directly to frame using 8 mounting points for unbeatable strength
• Reinforced 9/16″ thick clevis mounts allow the use of 3/4″ D-Rings
• All kits ship as clean, bare metal that is ready to weld out of the box – the Nitrogen laser cutting technology means no cutting edge oxidation and thus easier and stronger welds
• Optional Swing out tire carrier with hilift jack mount and locking dual NATO can holder