The profile of this bumper has been designed with maximum ground clearance and approach angles put first. The bumper sits as high and tight to the front of the 1st generation (1986-1989) Toyota 4Runner and 2nd generation (1986-1989) Toyota Pickup as possible, while the angled lower faces will smoothly slide over obstacles and ensure you do not get hung up on the trail. The side wings of this bumper wrap around to the front wheel wells and tie directly into the main frame mounting plates for true offroad protection. These side wings will take a serious hit without flexing or deflecting into the vehicle body. For mounting, this bumper comes pre-cut with a total of 12 mounting points. While this is certainly overkill, it ensures that you can solidly mount this bumper onto your truck even if some of the factory mounting points are damaged or rusty. We know that most Toyota Pickup/ 4Runner owners want to run oversized tires and more aggressive wheel offsets. This can create interference issues with the stock front bumper. We have thought ahead and specifically designed these bumper side wings to easily clear 37″ tires.
We finished this bumper off with two integrated light buckets for surface mount LED pod lights (custom light cut outs available by request, such as a light bar version), an integrated winch mount to accept all standard 8-12k lb winches with removable solenoids, and heavy duty 9/16″ recovery points that are placed directly in line with the Toyota Pickup/ 4Runner frame to eliminate any leveraging effects. These recovery points are formed by laser cut steel plates that pass through the bumper shell and tie directly into the Toyota Pickup/ 4Runner frame as part of the bumper’s main mounting brackets. The recovery points then get welded to the in and outside of the bumper shell. These factors all combine to form recovery points that minimize stress on your Toyota Pickup/ 4Runner frame and provide reliable recoveries of heavily loaded vehicles in the worst of offroad situations. What could make this bumper even better? The low profile design has resulted in very reasonable weights of 77lbs for the steel bumper and 39lbs for the aluminum version. Considering that this bumper replaces your factory bumper and associated components, the resulting weight increase to your Toyota Pickup/ 4Runner is surprisingly minimal. This reduces added stress on your vehicle, maintains precious payload capacity, and allows you to keep your factory suspension if desired.
•DIY Weld-together kit – This bumper arrives as precision CNC-laser cut pieces that you then weld together (detailed assembly instructions included)
• Low profile design is engineered to provide maximum ground clearance and complement the factory body lines – this bumper protrudes less than 5″ from the center of the grill!
• Heavy duty 3/16″ plate steel construction for maximum offroad strength and durability
• Optional 1/4″ 5052 aluminum for a lightweight yet very durable overlanding setup (38lb weight savings)
• Bolts directly to frame using a total of 12 mounting points
•Protected winch mount fits all standard 8000-12,000lb winches with removable solenoids
•Integrated 9/16″ thick clevis mounts allow the use of 3/4″ D-Rings and pull directly off of the frame for confident recoveries of heavily loaded vehicles
• Two Integrated LED pod mounts – slotted mounting tabs give tons of adjustment to fit a wide variety of surface mount pod lights
• Integrated license plate mount
• Integrated turn signal cut outs
• Optional heavy duty grill and headlight tubing for added protection
• Direct fit for factory IFS frames. Some modification required for factory solid axle frames.